CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KWWL) – Firefighters respond to Riley’s Cafe for a fire alarm activation on Friday around 8 p.m.
Fire crews arrived on scene seeing a light haze inside the cafe. Firefighters investigated the ceiling of the restaurant to find multiple spots of embers in the ceiling.
Firefighters found various spots of burnt insulation above Riley’s Cafe and above Broken Spoke, the adjacent business. Fire crews had to pull ceiling in the kitchen of Broken Spoke due to burnt insulation.
Thursday’s fire was determined to be unintentional. It was caused by radiant heat exposure that ignited wood behind the stainless steel surrounding the stove in the Riley’s Cafe kitchen.
Friday’s fire was also determined to be unintentional and was the result of an electrical fire.
Broken Spoke posted on Facebook saying they are closed until further notice.