Officials: Chemical mixture applied by a second employee

BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials’ preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant’s kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News
StormtraCk 7 Weather
Waterloo
36°
Cedar Rapids
35°
Iowa City
38°
Dubuque
32°
Decorah
32°
Charles City
36°
Washington
39°
Prairie Du Chien
32°
Connect with KWWL
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content