Des Moines (KWWL) — More than 800 students across the country were honored this week, when the 2019 McDonald’s All American Games nomination list was unveiled.
Twenty-two of the athletes on the list are from Iowa.
Athletes making the list are:
- Anna Brown, Waukee High School, Waukee
- DJ Carton, Bettendorf High School, Bettendorf
- NaTracia Ceasar, Waterloo High School, Waterloo
- Owen Coburn, Spirit Lake High School, Spirit Lake
- Carter Cuvelier, Aplington-Parkersburg High School, Parkersburg
- Madison Dreckman, LeMars High School, LeMars
- Shea Fuller, Valley West Des Moines High School, West Des Moines
- Cole Henry, Oskaloosa High School, Oskaloosa
- Jake Hilmer, North Linn High School, Troy Mills
- Haris Hoffman, Cascade Jr./Sr. High School, Cascade
- Derek Krogman, West Delaware High School, Manchester
- Tyreke Locure, Des Moines North High School, Des Moines
- Patrick McCaffery, Iowa City West High School, Iowa City
- Sara McCullogh, Ankeny High School, Ankeny
- Maggie McGraw, Southeast Polk High School, Pleasant Hill
- Megan Meyer, Mason City High School, Mason City
- Jackson Molsted, Charles City High School, Charles City
- Aidan Vanderloo, Sioux City East High School, Sioux City
- Samantha Wall, Maquoketa Valley High School, Delhi
- Haley Wallis, Grundy Center High School, Grundy Center
- Alex Wiese, Regina Iowa City High School, Iowa City
- Zoe Young, Valley West Des Moines High School, Iowa City
This year’s nominees were selected by high school coaches, athletic directors, principals and members of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee.
The final rosters, of the top 24 boys and 24 girls for the 2019 McDonald’s All American Games, will be announced on Thursday, January 24 at 2 p.m. on ESPN’s “The Jump” and at 6 p.m. on “SportsCenter”.
The 42nd Annual Boys Game tips-off on Wednesday, March 27 at Atlanta’s State Farm Arena. It will be broadcast on ESPN2.
The 18th Annual Girls Game will be before the Boys Game. It will also be broadcast live on ESPN2.
The McDonald’s All American Games will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities.