CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KWWL) — The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to remind everyone of a few crime prevention tips this holiday season.
These crime prevention tips are part of the department’s ongoing commitment to keeping our community safe for those who live, work, or visit the area:
– Always be aware of your surroundings.
– Don’t leave your car until you have ensured all is secure and safe.
– Take 60 seconds to drive around parking lots and look for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious before you pull into the closest parking space.
– Trust your instincts – if you feel uncomfortable with a place or person, leave the area immediately.
– If something looks suspicious to you, that’s because it probably is. Please call the police department immediately to report suspicious activity.