WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) – Dr. Jane Lindaman will serve as the superintendent of Waterloo Community Schools until 2022.
The Waterloo Schools Board of Birectors voted 6-0 with one member absent.
“Waterloo Schools is the only district in Iowa requiring the superintendent’s salary increases to be tied annually to this performance-based approach,” said the district in a news release.
The releases also listed the following achievements under Lindaman’s supervision:
- -Graduation rate at all-time high of 84.24%
- -Highest gains in literacy of any urban district and most districts of any size
- -Racial achievement gap reduced for graduation and literacy rates to smallest ever
- -$17 million Waterloo Career Center (WCC) renovation
- -25% of students taking college courses in high school
- -92% parents satisfied with district based on survey
- -19 business partnerships with WCC securing over $100,000 annually
- -Lindaman did over 100 speaking engagements in the community
- -National Merit scholar from Waterloo Schools
- -Revamping behavior practices and procedures
Lindaman became superintendent in 2014.