DUBUQUE, Iowa (KWWL) – Pay raises may be coming for some Dubuque County elected officials. Monday, the Dubuque County Board recommended raises, which span from three to 14% increases, effective fiscal year 2020.
The recommendation are as follows:
- 14% increase for the sheriff
- 9.7% increase for county treasurer
- 9.6% increase for county recorder
- 9% increase for county auditor
- 8.5% increase for county attorney
- 3% increases for the three county supervisors
The recommendations now go to the county supervisors for the final decision on the proposed increases. They are expected to make their decision in February.
The board voted unanimously on the increases, and said their recommendations were influenced by comparing the current salaries to the size of Dubuque County.