Iowa City is an overnight stop during RAGBRAI and the city expects 12,000 riders to come through.
City officials said on Wednesday that route will travel through the heart of the University of Iowa campus to the City Park campground.
Riders will arrive in Iowa City on Friday, July 27 where they will come in from the south on Sand Road/Gilbert Street.
The in-town route is as follows:
- South Gilbert Street north to Market Street
- Market Street west to Madison Street
- Madison Street south to Iowa Avenue
- Iowa Avenue west to Riverside Drive
- Riverside Drive north to Park Road and the main entrance to City Park
No camping will be allowed on the university’s campus with the exception of RV parking in the Hancher Auditorium lot next to City Park.
The city says the park will have amenities available to riders such as a first aid station, food trucks, bike shop/repair station. Showers will also be available at the City Park Pool.
Shuttles will be available for riders looking to make their way to the downtown area.