Part-Time Newscast Director/Master Control Operator

KWWL, the NBC affiliate serving the 87th largest market, is seeking a highly motivated Master Control Operator for its award-winning, state of the art fast paced production and master control facility.

This part-time position is primarily accountable for master control operations, including ingesting/timing out local content and monitoring automated playlists for three stations. The position may also be accountable for assisting in the coordination and production of newscasts.

We are looking for a multi-tasking candidate that supports our commitment to serving the communities of eastern Iowa. Grow or start your career within a team-oriented company that places priority in growing its employees.

Qualifications include, but are not limited to:

• High school or college graduate. College courses or equivalent experience desirable.
  • Willingness to learn and grow in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
  • Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and effectively.
  • Ability to effectively communicate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
  • Capable of analyzing and correcting technical problems.
  • Experience with video production desirable.
  • Familiarity with master control and news production automation systems a plus.
  • Knowledge of FCC requirements for broadcast facilities, including transmission and tower light
    monitoring/logging and EAS notifications a plus.
  • Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Encore a plus.
  • Experience with lighting and set design a plus.

Requirements:

• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb tall ladders, move studio cameras and set pieces.
  • Must have valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
  • Vision, speech and hearing abilities that facilitate a rapid response to changes during a newscast.
  • Possess manual dexterity to quickly move between various positions.
  • Must be capable of traversing snow covered terrain to remove snow from satellite dishes.

The Waterloo-Cedar Rapids-Dubuque-Iowa City market is a great place to live with numerous colleges and universities, good quality of life, ample recreation and close to Minneapolis, Chicago and Des Moines.

KWWL is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family-owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best media companies to work for at: www.quincymediacareers.com.

Send your resume to:

Michael Kjose, Operations Manager
KWWL Television, Inc.
511 E. 5th St.
Waterloo, IA 50703

mkjose@kwwl.com

KWWL Television, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Andrew Pearce

Andrew Pearce

More News
StormtraCk 7 Weather
Waterloo
21°
Cedar Rapids
15°
Iowa City
20°
Dubuque
18°
Decorah
25°
Charles City
23°
Washington
18°
Prairie Du Chien
19°
Connect with KWWL
Top Stories
Scroll to top