Master Control Operator/Newscast Director – Part Time

KWWL, the NBC affiliate serving the 90th largest market is seeking a highly motivated Master Control Operator for its award-winning, state of the art fast paced production and master control facility. This part-time position is primarily accountable for master control operations, including ingesting/timing out local content and monitoring automated playlists for three stations. The position may also be accountable for assisting in the coordination and production of newscasts. We are looking for a multi-tasking candidate that supports our commitment to serving the communities of eastern Iowa. Grow or start your career within a team-oriented company that places priority in growing its employees.

Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• High school or college graduate. College courses or equivalent experience desirable.
• Willingness to learn and grow in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and effectively.
• Ability to effectively communicate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Capable of analyzing and correcting technical problems.
• Experience with video production desirable.
• Familiarity with master control and news production automation systems a plus.
• Knowledge of FCC requirements for broadcast facilities, including transmission and tower light monitoring/logging and EAS notifications a plus.
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Encore a plus.
• Experience with lighting and set design a plus.

Requirements:
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb tall ladders, move studio cameras and set pieces.
• Must have valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Vision, speech and hearing abilities that facilitate a rapid response to changes during a newscast.
• Possess manual dexterity to quickly move between various positions.
• Must be capable of traversing snow covered terrain to remove snow from satellite dishes.

The Waterloo-Cedar Rapids-Dubuque-Iowa City market is a great place to live with numerous colleges and universities, good quality of life, ample recreation and close to Minneapolis, Chicago and Des Moines.

KWWL is proud to be a Quincy Media station. Learn why our family-owned broadcast group has a reputation as one of the best media companies to work for at: www.quincymediacareers.com.

Send your resume to:
Michael Kjose, Operations Manager
KWWL Television, Inc.
511 E. 5th Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
mkjose@kwwl.com

Madelyne Rosenberg

Madelyne Rosenberg

Social Media & Digital Content Manager
More News
StormtraCk 7 Weather
Waterloo
45°
Cedar Rapids
45°
Iowa City
48°
Dubuque
44°
Decorah
46°
Charles City
45°
Washington
48°
Prairie Du Chien
42°
Connect with KWWL
Top Stories
Scroll to top