WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) - Every year, USA TODAY nominates the best waterparks in the country. Lost Island Waterpark, in Waterloo, has recently been nominated and is in the running to be the number one waterpark in America!
Despite the pandemic, Lost Island was voted to win last year thanks to it's age-friendly attractions!
- 'Starfish Cove' for the kids to play in.
- Nine exhilarating water coasters.
- Relaxing lazy river for mom and dad to float in.
- Wave pool, better known as 'Tsunami Bay'.
Now for 2021's running, and with less COVID-19 restrictions, the 20 acre waterpark's goal is to get more people to vote and win the title again!
Marketing Manager, Lori Thuerson, hopes the park can earn more votes this year, with more folks visiting the park.
"I think people are ready to get back to normal activities," Thuerson said, "we're already seeing record numbers and I think it's going to be a really great year."
With the waterpark able to win during one of the hardest years for tourism, Thuerson said the park's charm will help them get the top spot again.
"Lost Island is just such a really great atmosphere, it's a fun place to bring your family, and we really appeal to all ages whether you're two or 80," Thuerson said.
In order to win, the waterpark needs the highest number of votes and the last day to vote is June 21st.
HOW YOU CAN VOTE:
- Scan the QR code below or follow these steps.
- Click HERE to cast your vote.
- When you get to the voting page, tap on the blue 'vote' button.
- Then your vote is submitted.
There is no maximum of tries to vote. People can vote daily until the June 21st deadline.