CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa. (KWWL) - Brad Hart, Mayor of Cedar Rapids, launched his campaign for reelection in November.
Hart outlined his five priorities for Cedar Rapids this year and in a second term:
● Supporting our citizens and our businesses as we recover from the Derecho
● Attracting additional investments in all parts of the city, bringing in high-paying jobs that support Cedar Rapids families and build our tax base
● Focusing on street repairs and reconstruction, ensuring LOST dollars are spent efficiently and effectively
● Supporting our police and fire departments in their use of best practices that are fair and equitable for all, including new initiatives to reduce violent crime
● Continuing to build our permanent flood protection system on both sides of the river and finding additional state and/or federal funding for that system—a system that will include recreational opportunities while protecting the heart of our city
Hart said, "My job as Mayor is to ensure we don’t take our foot off the gas when it comes to seeing these priorities accomplished. We’ve made tremendous strides in many of these areas, but my goal as Mayor is to finish the job on all these fronts.”
Hart was elected Mayor of Cedar Rapids in December of 2017.