Skip to Content

UPDATE: Firefighter injured while battling Dubuque house fire after gas leak leads to explosion

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
Dubuque house fire

UPDATE (8:22 p.m.):

One firefighter has been injured while battling the house fire following Monday's gas leak in Dubuque.

The firefighter's injury is non-life-threatening, according to authorities.

The house was destroyed in the explosion. Video taken by nearby residents shows windows blown out at homes nearby, as well as debris scattered across the area.

The City of Dubuque posted the following to their Facebook page:

"Multiple properties were damaged by the explosion on Loras Blvd., many with broken windows. Rental property owners with properties in the area are asked to contact their tenants to check on their needs. Property owners will need to board up damaged windows and secure their properties when it is safe to access them. Rental property owners should contact the City of Dubuque Housing and Community Development Department 563-581-2644."

This continues to be a developing story. Stay with KWWL for updates.


DUBUQUE, Iowa (KWWL) -- Crews are battling a house fire after a gas leak led to an explosion in the 400 block of Loras Boulevard in Dubuque, according to our coverage partners Dubuque in Pursuit.

Massive flames and smoke are visible and authorities say the area will be blocked off for several hours. Residents in the area say they were able to feel a shake from the explosion.

Authorities said the leak was isolated, but gas smell will be heavy in the area.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Author Profile Photo


Skip to content