(KWWL) - Eastern Iowa counties are preparing for election day as early voting nears.
Early voting for the Nov. 3 general election begins on Monday, Oct. 5.
In Johnson County, early voting begins at 8 a.m. at the parking ramp north of the Johnson County Health and Human Services building, which is located at 855 S. Dubuque Street.
Voting hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., weekdays through Nov. 2.
The entrance for drive up voting will be off Clinton Street. Drive up voting will also be open for the following weekend hours:
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 25, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 1, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The following satellite voting sites will be available:
- Clear Creek Amana West Campus Building
- 331 W Marengo Rd, Tiffin
- Monday, October 12, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Swisher Public Library
- 72 2nd St SE
- Tuesday, October 13, 2p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Coralville Public Library
- 1401 5th St., Coralville
- Wednesday, October 14, Thursday, October 15 and Friday, October 16, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 17, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Solon Public Library
- 320 W Main St
- Wednesday, October 14, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- North Liberty Community Library
- 520 W Cherry St.
- Saturday, October 17, 11 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Iowa City Public Library
- 123 S. Linn St.
- Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday, October 26 through Thursday, October 29, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, October 30, 10 a.m. - 6 pm.
- Saturday, October 31, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Iowa Memorial Union
- 125 N. Madison St., Iowa City, Hubbard Lounge
- Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
BLACK HAWK COUNTY
Black Hawk County voters will be able to vote early for the November 3 general election by voting absentee ballots at four satellite voting locations.
- UNI-Dome, 2501 Hudson Rd. (SW Concourse Entrance), Cedar Falls
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday Oct. 7: Noon - 4 p.m.
- Thursday Oct. 8: 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday Oct. 9: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saturday Oct. 10: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Diamond Event Center, Western Home Communities, 5307 Caraway Ln., Cedar Falls
- Monday, Oct. 12 ONLY: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Cedar Valley Sportsplex, 300 Jefferson St., Waterloo (Multipurpose Room)
- Saturday, Oct. 17: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- North Star Community Services, 3420 University Ave., Waterloo (Entrance 3, Conference Room)
- Monday, Oct. 19 ONLY: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
In addition to these locations, voters may vote in person at the County Courthouse, 316 E. 5th Street, Waterloo, from Oct. 5 through Nov. 2.
Regular courthouse hours are weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additionally, the courthouse will stay open for voting until 7 p.m. on Oct. 14 and Oct. 29 and until 5 p.m. on Nov. 2. The courthouse will also be open for voting on Saturday, Oct. 24 and Saturday, Oct. 31 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Linn County Auditor's Office will offer two in-person, early voting locations during the dates and times listed below:
- 823 3rd St. SW, Cedar Rapids (near the Jean Oxley Linn County Public Service Center)
- Mondays through Fridays, Oct. 5 - Nov. 2: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 24 & Saturday, Oct. 31: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Lindale Mall Food Court, 4444 1st Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids
- Tuesdays through Saturdays, Oct. 6 - Oct. 28: 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The county also will have 3 one-day satellite voting locations listed below:
- Cornell College – Multi Sport Center, 835 1st St W, Mount Vernon
- Thursday, October 15 from noon-6 p.m.
- IBEW Local 405 Union Hall, 1211 Wiley Blvd SW, Cedar Rapids
- Sunday, October 18 from noon-6 p.m.
- Mission of Hope, 1700 B Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
- Tuesday, October 20 from noon-6 p.m.
In addition, the Linn County Auditor’s Office has finalized Election Day Polling locations. Election Day is Tuesday, November 3. To find their election day polling locations, voters may enter their address into: https://www.linncountyelectionsorg/lookup/
Postcard notices indicating polling locations will go to all registered voter households in early October. A full listing of all Election Day poll locations can be found at: https://www.linncounty.org/681/Polling-Locations
Sample ballots for the November 3rd General Election are available on the Dubuque County Elections website.
In-person early voting will begin Monday, October 5th. Ballots requested by over 22,000 Dubuque County voters will also be mailed on Monday.
Voters can vote in-person at the Election Annex, 75 Locust Street or at the Election Office, 4th Floor of the Court House during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, through the day before the election, November 2nd.
Additional hours for in-person voting will be at the Court House on Saturdays, October 24th and October 31st from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The day before the election, November 2nd, both the Election Office at the Court House and the Election Annex will be open until 5:00 p.m. for last minute in-person voting.
All requests for a ballot to vote by mail must be received at the Election Office by 5:00 p.m., Saturday, October 24th. The Election Office has purchased a new ballot drop off box for voters wanting to deliver their ballots. The drop off box is located behind the Court House. Voters can
enter the alley behind the Court House from 8th Street and drive by to deliver their ballots.
Ballots can, also, be delivered to the Election Annex and the Election Office in the Court House, during regular office hours, and to satellite voting sites which will be announced soon.
Ballots being returned by mail must be postmarked no later than November 2nd, or delivered to the Election Office before the polls close at 9:00 p.m. on Election Day.
For further information, contact the Dubuque County Election Office at 563-589-4457 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.