IOWA (KWWL) - Many different organizations are asking for help, donations and volunteers as Iowa continues to recover from Monday's devastating derecho.
There are many volunteers and crews working throughout hard-hit areas, but more resources are needed.
"Iowa Derecho Storm Resource Page" on Facebook
UPDATE: The Iowa Derecho Storm Resource Page has moved to a new donation drop-off and volunteer site. Both sites, initially located at 4850 Armar Dr. SE in Cedar Rapids at the Keller Williams Legacy Group, have now been moved to 5001 1st Ave. SE in Cedar Rapids.
DONATION DROP-OFF SITE: 5001 1st Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403
VOLUNTEER SITE: 5001 1st Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403
Urgent donations needed:
- Volunteers (all day, especially late afternoon/evening), tarps, coolers, flashlights, battery-operated lanterns, non-perishable food, extension cords, toiletries (body wash, hand soap, shampoo/conditioner, hand sanitizer, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste), pre-made meals, sandwiches, large trash bags, paper towels, batteries, canned meat
Other donations needed:
- Ice, candles, fuel, 2-cycle/4-cycle oil, charcoal
If you are able to donate financially, you can at:
- Venmo: @iowaderecho
- PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also donate cash at the drop-off site
- Debris removal, drivers to deliver supplies
- Drivers to check on elderly apartment buildings
- Site operations
- The website is coming soon. It will be a resource for contractors to register their information and community members to seek out contractors they need. People can also make donations and upload pictures.
Raymond Siddell, Organizer
Contact phone number (text only): 319-432-9754
Text Your Zip Code To 899211
Donations and help for Johnson and Washington counties HERE.
United Way of East Central Iowa has expanded its recovery fund to include storm recovery assistance and is asking for volunteers. Details HERE.
Looking for food donations. CLICK HERE for details on how to donate.
Are accepting food and financial donations.
Have set up multiple fixed and mobile donation, feeding and resource sites across eastern Iowa.
American Red Cross
Are accepting financial donations for relief efforts. You can donate HERE.
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation has established a 'Disaster Recovery Fund' to support Linn County communities to provide resources where they are needed.
To give to the Disaster Recovery Fund, click here.
Iowans who were impacted by the storm can call the Iowa Concern Hotline at 1-800-447-1985 to get free, confidential emotional support, 24/7.