CORALVILLE, Iowa (KWWL) — The City of Coralville reported a fire that took place inside an apartment on 922 Boston Way, Coralville around 8:30 p.m. on Friday.
According to the news release, several residents of the complex were home at the time of the fire and got out safely. The occupant sleeping inside the unit where the fire started was alerted by one of his neighbors who yelled in the window, which allowed him to exit the building without harm.
The fire was extinguished about 10 minutes after firefighters arrived. Fire damage was contained to the apartment where the fire started, the remainder of the units in the building sustained smoke damage.
The damage was estimated at around $150,000.