Skip to Content

Two injured in home explosion near Cascade

CASCADE, Iowa (KWWL) -- Two people were taken to a local hospital after being injured in a home explosion near Cascade.

The Dubuque County Sheriff's Office, along with Cascade Fire, responded to a reported explosion and fire at 23887 North Cascade Road just after 3:00 Tuesday afternoon. Investigators say a 1965 Ford Mustang that was stored in the garage of the home had developed a gas leak. The fumes seeped into the basement, ignited by what is believed to be the water heater pilot light.

Joyce McMullen, 79, and her son, Michael McMullen, 57, were both taken to Dubuque hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. Damage is estimated to be in excess of $250,000.

Trevor Oates

Executive Producer

Skip to content