CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KWWL) -- City officials in Cedar Rapids have extended the government building closures to the public until July 20, 2020.
Closed facilities include:
- City Hall (101 1st St SE)
- City Services Center (500 15th Avenue SW)
- Cedar Rapids Water Administration (1111 Shaver Road NE)
- Central Fire Station (713 1st Ave SE)
- Animal Care and Control (7421 Washington View Parkway SW)
- Cedar Rapids Police Station (505 1st St SW)
- NW Recreation Center (1340 11th St NW)
- Downtown Library (450 5th Ave SE)
- Ladd Library (3750 Williams Blvd. SW)
Services to the public are still operational and available either online or via phone or email.
City officials continue to evaluate safety and public service needs, and plan to implement a phased approach to reopening, according to a release.
A drop-box is available outside the City Services Center front lobby doors for those dropping off permits, payment, or other paperwork that would normally be dropped off in person at the front counter. A drop-box is also available at the front of City Hall.
Please visit www.cedar-rapids.org for the most updated information on City schedule modifications and closures.