MARION, Iowa (KWWL) - It's another sure sign of summer's arrival. The Uptown Marion Market season will begin June 13th from 8 - 11 a.m.
To comply with health guidelines the event is moving to a linear format. It will be on 6th Avenue between 10th St and 11th St in Uptown Marion. Twelve vendors will be in attendance.
The market's dates will remain the same: June 13th, July 11th and August 8th. Current public health guidelines only allow the sale of farm products and food.
Attendees are being asked to follow market-specific requests provided by the State of Iowa:
- Use designated entry and exit points (entry will be at the intersection of 6th Ave and 11th St only). Follow instructions for traffic flow and handwashing.
- Attend the market alone, without any other family members. Children will not be allowed to attend at this time.
- Wear what makes you comfortable. Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or other protective face covering.
- Shop efficiently to expedite your trip
- Look for signage at vendor tents to view availability and allow the Vendor to serve you.
“We know Uptown Marion Market has been an event enjoyed by families and this looks a lot different from what attendees used to. We are happy to provide access to local good and products, and we look forward to when we can welcome everyone back to enjoy Marion together. We will continue to evaluate options and make the best decisions as the market season continues.”Tami Schlamp
Director of Member Services for Marion Chamber of Commerce