CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KWWL) - The staff at the Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) implemented additional safety measures this week to better protect the health and safety of their passengers during the pandemic.
These measures include:
- Requiring all staff to wear a face mask while in public areas of the terminal. CID also has disposable masks for passengers available at guest services if they cannot bring their own.
- Requiring all staff to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before reporting to work
- Increased deep cleaning of areas with high touch points, like handrails and elevator buttons
- Installing protective glass shields at the guest services desk
- Increased signage and floor stickers reminding passengers to distance themselves
“We want to inform the region of all the steps CID is taking and let passengers know, when they are ready to travel, we are ready to welcome them back," airport director Marty Lenss said in a Thursday press release.