CEDAR FALLS, Iowa. (KWWL) - The University of Northern Iowa is implementing changes to help with students' academic progress and graduation.
University leaders are using a system to ensure students are credited or refunded for services shutdown because of COVID-19.
Credits include costs and contracts for housing, dining and parking, as well as supplemental course fees and recreation fees.
Prorated credit will be issued with an effective date of March 23 for the following items:
- DOR Housing: Refund prorated from March 23 to May 8.
- Department of Residence Dining: Refund prorated from March 23 to May 8.
- Course and Lab Fees: Refund prorated from March 23 to May 8.
- Recreation Fees (Wellness and Recreation Center): Refund prorated from March 16 to May 8.
- Parking Permits: All student parking permits will have a prorated credit applied unless the student is currently staying in the residence halls. Requirements to return parking permits are waived.
Student bills will be processed the first week of April, credits will be made to student accounts.
Any refunds due will be sent to students the week of April 6.
UNI is working on a virtual commencement, which will allow students and and their families time to celebrate in May.
Students will also be invited to participate in campus ceremonies next fall or spring.