Waterloo Schools announced Thursday caregivers can now pick-up meals for kids at the grab & go locations without having to bring them.
The free sack lunches are available Monday through Friday for anyone 18 and under. The schedule and locations are below.
Original story (3/22/20):
WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) -- Waterloo Schools will begin a curbside meal pick-up program starting Monday, March 23. The program will happen each weekday.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9-10am Cunningham, Kingsley, and Orange.
- 10-11am Kittrell, Highland.
- 11am-12pm Becker and Lou Henry.
- 12-1pm Irving, Lincoln, Poyner.
- 9am-12pm Education Service Center, 1516 Washington St. (site for Lowell).
The name and age of each child in your vehicle will be recorded to ensure each child only gets one meal. You are asked to stay in your vehicle with your children and only get the meals you need for those in your house that are 18 & younger. Students may also walk up to get a meal, but will not be allowed in the building.
During the 3/23-4/12 district shutdown when buildings are closed, the district will be providing the following options to connect with staff:
- Call the District Shutdown Hotline 319-433-2020 for general questions regarding the district shutdown.
- Email staff directly with questions or call your child’s school and leave a voicemail. Secretaries will be checking voicemails and respond back within 24 hours.
- Call the District Office at 319-433-1800.
If your student still needs to get essential items from the buildings (medication, Chromebook), you can accompany your child to their school for access on Wednesday, March 25 from 4-6pm.
Black Hawk-Grundy Mental Health Center school-based mental health therapists, as part of Success Street, remain available for appointments during this time. Appointments with your child’s school-based mental health therapist are available at Black Hawk-Grundy Mental Health Center, located at 3251 W. 9th St. in Waterloo.
For more information, to schedule an appointment for your child or to discuss concerns with your child’s therapist, call 319-234-2893.