IOWA CITY, Iowa. (KWWL) – Thirteen current and former University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital patients are gearing up as members of the 2019 Kid Captain team.
This marks the 11th season of the Kid Captain program. The program is a partnership between UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital and the Iowa Hawkeyes.
This year’s Kid Captains were selected from 241 nominations from five states.
The 2019 Kid Captains are:
- Aubrey Bussan-Kluesner, 8, Dyersville, Iowa
- Cien Currie, 6, Winterset, Iowa
- Skylar Hardee, 8, Hubbard, Iowa
- Kendra Hines, 10, Mount Vernon, Iowa
- Aidan Kasper, 14, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Charlotte Keller, 7, Bellevue, Nebraska
- Cooper Leeman, 5, Radcliffe, Iowa
- Andrew Morlan, 15, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Lucy Roth, 10, Iowa City, Iowa
- Enzo Thongsoum, 9, Des Moines, Iowa
- Jackson Tijerina, 8, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Jeg Weets, 6, Morrison, Illinois
- Gabby Yoder, 8, Kalona, Iowa