(KWWL) — For the eighth year, Horizons: A Family Service Alliance will provide summer meals for children in Cedar Rapids. This year, they are expanding to also include children in Iowa City.
Horizons’ Summer Meals program provides free, healthy meals to children in the summer, who would normally rely on the school system to receive a meal.
Free meals will be available Monday through Friday, from June 10 to August 23. The service will not be in operation on Thursday, July 4.
The Summer Meals program is a partnership between Horizons and the USDA.
There are various locations for the Summer Meals programs:
- Five Seasons Manufactured Home Community, 3421 Blairs Ferry Rd. NE (11:30 a.m.-noon)
• Kirkwood Estates, 615 Miller Avenue Dr. SW (11:30 a.m.-noon)
• McKinley Middle School, 620 10th St. SE (12:30-1 p.m.)
• Cedar Valley Townhomes, 3000 J St. SW (11:15-11:45 a.m. from June 17 to Aug. 22)
• Greene Square Park, Fifth Street SE between Third and Fourth avenues (Thursdays 12:30-1 p.m. June 20 to Aug. 1)
• Hoover Elementary, 4141 Johnson Ave. NW (Saturdays 11:30 a.m.-noon from June 22 to Aug. 10)
• Oakhill Jackson, 1202 10th St. SE (11:30 a.m.-noon from July 8 to Aug. 9)
• Hiawatha Public Library, 150 W. Willman St. (11:30 a.m.-noon)
• Senior Center, 28 S. Linn St. (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 11:30 a.m.-noon)
• Marion Public Library, 1095 Sixth Ave. (11:30 a.m.-noon)