Because of concerns about the spread of the flu, KWWL is suspending station tours until further notice. Thanks for your understanding.
For years, KWWL has given tours to school and community groups. With our new and renovated facility, we are even more proud to continue this tradition, but we have specific guidelines. Sadly, because of the volume of requests, we cannot make exceptions, except for those listed below.
KWWL Tour Guidelines
- Tour attendees must be at least 16 years old.
- Group size must be minimum 5 attendees and a maximum 20 (not counting chaperones). We cannot accommodate larger groups.
- KWWL does not provide tours to individuals.
- Chaperones are responsible for their tour groups. While you may run into and talk to KWWL anchors during the tour, please do not let that detract you from your primary responsibility. Our tour guides are just that; guides. They should not be expected to provide more oversight than normal of tours composed of children.
- Tours should be scheduled 2 weeks in advance. Please email KWWL Marketing Director Michael Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
- Tours are given Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 10:00am – 11:00am and 1:00pm – 2:30pm, and Wednesday from 1:00pm – 2:30pm. There are no evening or weekend tours. There are no Newscast viewings.
- Scout Troops: We are very aware that most scout troops have a media unit that requires them to attend a radio or television station. We are happy to do our best to accommodate these requests. Please email our KWWL Marketing Director Michael Cunningham at email@example.com to discuss options.